Monday, March 3, 2014

Breakfast Banana Boats

I love breakfast.  I wish I had an hour everyday to make something wonderful before we were off to work or play or school.  But I love sleep a little more than breakfast, because I am always scrambling to put things together when I'm in charge in the morning.
These wonderfully delicious banana boats were just what I needed to cure myself of the breakfast blues.  So fast.  So easy.  Delicious.  And total eye candy, if you ask me.  Just by looking at it, I was most excited for the yogurt and berries version, but I actually preferred the peanut butter and apples.  I topped both with a sprinkling of granola, but really, whatever you have lying about is going to be great.  This also doubles as a wonderful mid afternoon snack.  Or late night... or mid morning... or whatever you're into.
No real recipe here - just grab some stuff and pile it on!

Breakfast Banana Boats
Idea from Prevention

Bananas
vanilla yogurt
berries or fruit of choice

or 

Bananas
peanut butter (or nutella, or any nut butter)
apples

Halve bananas, and then cut in half lengthwise.
Spread flat side with yogurt or nut butter
Top with fruit or berries of choice.
Top with granola.

No comments:

Post a Comment