Monday, November 8, 2010

Gyros

I haven't tried a ton of Greek food, but my friend made these for me once and I loved them!
I view it as the Greek version of the American BLT.
Only better.
Gyros
Recipe from Marta Webster

Greek Pita Bread
1 pkg. Gyro meat (looks like bacon)
sliced red onion
lettuce
roasted red bell peppers
sliced tomato
olives (optional)

1/2 pint sour cream
1/2 cucumber
1 large garlic clove
salt and pepper

Fry gyro meat (as you would bacon).
Meanwhile, slice up veggies.
Combine sour cream, cucumber and garlic clove in a food processor and pulse until smooth.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Remove gryo meat and set on paper towels.
For each pita:
Spread small amount of sour cream sauce over half of pita.
Layer meat, lettuce, onion, pepper, tomato and olives.
Fold pita in half.
Dip in remaining sauce, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment